generated by sloganizer.net

Tuesday, August 07, 2007

Hodge Podge

No More Stamps
Am I the only one that is frustrated with the post office raising the price of stamps every two years? They say they are losing revenue to e-mail, etc. I think they are just getting greedy. Enough is enough, already! In an effort to ease the pain, they've added a forever stamp. This stamp is good from now on, no matter how much they raise the price in the future. The problem is that people are using said stamp now and not taking advantage of the future savings. I'm sure somewhere in a large plush office, someone is laughing their hind end off.

Well, I've had enough. I bought a book of the forever stamps and I signed up for online banking. My stamp usage has plummeted about 97%. USPS - you're puting yourself out of business!

BB8
How many of you out there are watching Big Brother 8? We never miss a show. It is so intriguing to watch a bunch of strangers live together. This season is one of the best yet. The twist is America's player. America votes on tasks for him to complete and he does our will.

This year they have also found two of the most annoying people on the planet. The first is a guy named Dick. Was he ever named right! He lives up to his name on a daily basis. The second is a girl named Amber who literally cries at the drop of a hat. I'm not joking, someone dropped a hat and she cried, seriously though, this girl cries like she has tear duct problems.

Two In A Row
Well, if you'll recall, I'm selling cars for a living now. I got started one week into May and have gotten Salesman of the Month for June and July! Yea, me.

Courtesy
Lately I've noticed that lack of professionalism in the work place. Not mine, but those that I visit. When checking out at a register or placing an order, if the cashier is standing in front of me and I'm looking at them, we should conduct our business. Instead, they feel the need to be part of the conversation of their co-workers. How aggravating is that?!? It's as disrespectful as the person who won't hang up the cell phone when checking out at the register. We've become a society of ME.

Bye, Bye, White Trash
A couple of weeks ago, Jenny called to tell me that there was a U-Haul in the neighbor's driveway. Woo, Hoo! I guess they got the tax bill. Whatever the reason they decided to move on, I couldn't be happier to see them gone.

Paper Or Coin
The U.S. Mint has started manufacturing new dollar coins to commemorate the Presidents of the United States. A grand effort and nice looking coins. They had to promise to continue making Sacajawea coins even though they are not circulated because of public outcry.

The problem is that the new dollar coins will soon be out of circulation like the Sacajawea because American's refuse to use them. The average paper dollar last only a matter of days versus the life of a coin which will last years. The over all savings to our nation would be in the millions if not billions of dollars. Do you think we would stop making the paper dollars and force people to use the coin dollars like Canada has done in an effort to lower costs? Of course not, the public would hate it and there's no one in power that can be a man and stand up for what is best.

And That's What I Think.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home