generated by sloganizer.net

Wednesday, June 06, 2007

Throwing Out The White Trash

We've lived in our house for about four and a half years. When we first moved in, we met the neighbors, some more normal than others, but we were glad to have them.

Our neighbors next to our driveway, seemed the most normal and easiest to get along with, (i.e. they were a young, quiet family that kept to themselves.) Like us.

After about a year and a half or so, they moved due to marriage problems, etc. They abandoned their house and we went through several real estate companies trying their best to find new owners. The lawn would get mowed once a month at best.

This went on for about a year.

Needless to say, we were thrilled when we saw people moving in next door. When we saw them taking a break from moving, we took it upon ourselves to welcome them to the neighborhood. This was not only the first time but also the last time that we spoke to these people. To say they must have come from Arkansas or where ever is a slam to that state. Our tip off was when their fourteen year old daughter came to the door with a cigarette in her mouth. The mother was missing teeth, well you get the point.

In the time that they lived next door, their electricity has been shut off several times, the phone has been disconnected, their dogs run wild and bark at all hours, there is always trash all over their yard that eventually ends up in mine due to the wind.

As long as they leave me alone, I'm fine. Live and let live.

Once they start messing with me and mine, the war is on!

We came home one Sunday after being out of town for the weekend to find tire tracks leading from their front yard across my yard to my driveway! I couldn't believe my eyes. Are you kidding me?!?

At this point there seemed to be two or three groups (families) living there.

It was late and I needed to get some sleep for work the next day. The next day I called the sheriff out to make a formal complaint. We filed the necessary form and he left a note on their door, because they were out (probably trespassing on someone else's property.)

A week goes by and I start to notice more tracks across my property. UNBELIEVABLE! At this point I'm thinking of littering my yard with nails to teach them a lesson, but I don't.

I next see the teenager parked in her front yard washing her car. I decide to camp out and see if she's going to drive across my yard again. Sure enough, across she comes, and I come flying out of my yard and stand in front of her car as I call the Sheriff out again. While waiting for the police to arrive, her and her boyfriend and I all have some choice words for each other.

Anyways, the cops arrive and diffuse the situation. I tell them I want someone to goto jail for trespassing, but the cops don't like to see neighbors become enemies.

From then on, I loudly threaten to call the cops if they even look at my yard when I know they are in ear shot. And before I know it, most of them decided to move out. WOO HOO!!!!!

In their haste to collect all valuables (yeah right) they got their pick-up truck stuck in their backyard. LOL

There is someone staying over there now, but we're not sure exactly who. All we know is that she keeps to herself and doesn't cause any problems. Of course the lawn hasn't been mowed in six weeks. It looks like a jungle over there.

At least they're not driving across my property any more, but I remember them every time I mow my lawn and bounce over the ruts they left for me.

And I thought living in the country would be great . . .

And That's What I Think.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home