generated by sloganizer.net

Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Chillin'

This past weekend we mostly chilled out.

Friday night we ate at Bennigan's. I wanted to try a black and tan beer, but they were out of Bass so the bartender suggested a Guinness and Blue Moon. That is my new favorite beer! Awesome! I also had the Chipotle Burger. Pretty good.

Saturday didn't consist of much, but we did get a couple of movies watched.

Sunday was Fathers Day. After a couple of phone calls and did what I wanted to do . . . chill out at home! Yea, me! For dinner we tried a new place that I spied on the freeway called BJ's Restaurant and Brewhouse.

BJ's Restaurant and Brewhouse
This is a full service restaurant with a full bar and micro brewery. They have several televisions is various parts of the restaurant with different sports playing. The place was set up nicely and the food was delicious. The beer choices were from light to dark and very well explained by our waitress. We started with an interesting appetizer in the avocado egg rolls. With it's sweet dipping sauce this choice was just alright. On the weird scale, it was right up there. For dinner I had the cajun pasta with blackened chicken. Extremely delicious. Although this dish was reminiscent of a meal I ate at TGI Friday's, I would rate it a 9.5 where Friday's was a 6. To wash it all down I had the PM Porter which had caramel, molasses and chocolate flavors. Superb. Jenny had the Jeremiah Red Ale, which is their most popular along with a Turkey Cobb Sandwich. We really enjoyed this place and will be returning soon.


The Bourne Supremacy
Jason Bourne is reluctantly pulled back into his former life as he is framed for a botched CIA operation. Suspense and intrigue abound. In the end, you don't mess with The Bourne Supremacy.

I found this movie a little sheepish when compared to the first installment. Maybe I enjoyed getting to know Bourne previously and now just want more action. I hope the third installment goes back to the roots and gives us more story and a lot more action.

Nominated for 18 awards, it won 5.


Batman Begins
In this movie we learn how Bruce Wayne becomes Batman. Although I found this story to be interesting, I felt that it took along time to tell the story. An all star cast is found in Batman Begins but for some reason, I thought that it could have been better.

Nominated for an Oscar plus 35 other awards, it won 6.


Raiders Of The Lost Ark
I wanted to share one of my all time favorite movies with the kids: Indiana Jones and the Raiders Of The Lost Ark is another movie that stands up to the test of time. Indiana is an archaeologist whose goal is to fine relics for the museum while his arch nemesis collects them for the highest bidder. Set in the 1930's, he learns that Hitler has locate the lost city where the Ark of the Covenant is believed to be. This kid friendly movie is filled with humor as well as action.

This movie had 21 nominations and also won 28 awards, including 4 Oscars.

My anticipation is high for the fourth installment to be released. Principal photography has recently started.


And That's What I Think.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home