generated by sloganizer.net

Monday, August 13, 2007

The Ride

A few of you know about this and some of YOU don't, but a few weeks ago I was in an accident.
I was headed home from work one night and a guy came out of no where and T-Boned me! Come to find out, he was not on his meds and therefore shouldn't have even been driving. The guy's just lucky the kids weren't with me! (On a side note: A week or so later, as we are heading to see Wonka, another idiot swerves into our lane coming head on! I had to slam on the brakes and swerve to miss him.) The next guy that hits me because he's not paying attention or shouldn't be behind the wheel to begin with, I won't be responsible for my actions. And you can take that to the bank!

After several weeks of fighting with his insurance company to get things done, they ended up totaling my car. Unbelievable since I had planned to drive my vehicle for another year or two and there was nothing wrong with it.

Now I wouldn't wish this on my worst enemy. The other guy was in the wrong, he was even ticketed for failure to yield. I was treated poorly by his insurance company, I had to provide them a copy of the police report (at my expense) and a detailed explanation of what happened. I then had to keep on them about getting an appraiser out to look at my vehicle. Once they decided to total it, I had to haggle back and forth about replacement cost so that I could go out and buy another car about the same value. Lastly, they had to have my vehicle before they would issue a check to me. Add two days mail time and two days for the check to clear my bank, I could have been afoot for the better part of a week.
What's worse is that I checked into the Texas Department of Insurance to help protect me and get them moving. Come to find out, they only help you with claims you file against your own insurance company.
~ "Prompt-payment laws do not apply to liability insurance claims against another person’s insurance company."
What kind of crap is that?!?

Well, I'm just glad it's all over with. I got my father-in-law's car (that's why we drove to Midland/Odessa) for a song and all is good now.
And That's What I Think.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home