generated by sloganizer.net

Monday, June 12, 2006

Construction Zones

So, here's another driving post . . . I drive between 2,000 and 2,200 miles a week in my company truck. That's about 32 hours a week behind the wheel. I wanted to give you some background to qualify what I'm about to talk about.

When coming to a construction zone, usually there will be a lane closed. Most people that have common sense will move into the lane that will remain open, this is good.
There will always be a few idiots that feel that they should stay in the lane that is closing until the very end. Do these people think that they are in a bigger hurry than the rest of us? Or do they think that they are too good to wait in line with the rest of us?

By getting into the lane that will remain open, you help keep the traffic flowing. Running up to the end of the closed lane and then jumping over at the last minute creates a bottle neck, making the rest of us have to stop so that your dumb ass can get in line.

Here's what I always do: When the "closed" lane is starting to run out and there are cars trying to merge in, I hug the bumper of the vehicle in front of me instead of letting the idiots in, then I slow to make sure the vehicle behind me hugs my bumper. My goal is for the idiots to end up farther back than they would have if they just got in line like everybody else.

This very thing happened to me tonight on my drive into town. I didn't mention that the vehicle in front of me blocked the right lane so the car couldn't get past us. After the construction sight was past, the car the we blocked out came up beside me and told me I was number one! It's funny how when people are anonymous, like on the telephone or CB or in another car on the highway, they think they are 10 feet tall and bullet proof, but when they are face to face they turn tail and run. I like to start to move to the shoulder and invite them to stop with me, however they never do, they just drive on . . . I know this is aggressive behavior, but I really get tired of idiots out there, and it's always the same thing.

And That's What I Think.

1 Comments:

  • At June 13, 2006 7:24 PM, Blogger Jenny said…

    I love it when those people get stuck in the lane that ends. It's like a red flag. "Hello, I'm a dumbass. I can't follow directions."

     

Post a Comment

<< Home