generated by sloganizer.net

Friday, August 22, 2008

The Big Ketchup Part 2

~Recommended reading The Big Ketchup Part 1 first.~

Keeping with the racing theme, we decided to go to the local dirt oval track. I haven't been to a dirt race track in over 15 years. Of course, I still have found memories of my family going to Ascot Raceway near where I grew up, even when we weren't in the stands, we could hear the engines racing from our front yard.

I had to repeatedly remind myself of the relative cost per hour for this entertainment and look the other way when the regulars seemed low class to me. Seating was "open" and we chose about midway up the bleachers. The people above us continually threw their trash down below them, which means it would hit us or someone else as it made it's way down towards the track. Let me tell you, it was frustrating the h*ll out of me. Later in the night the announcer reminded everyone (first I had heard it) that they should throw their trash under the bleachers as it would be easier for them to clean it up later.

The races themselves were a lot of fun. The kids and I took turns choosing which car we thought would win in each heat race and in the big race for each class. We actually decided to check out the races this night because they were having a demolition derby later in the night. We were unaware of the amount of racing we would see. Before each class had their main race, they broke up the cars into about three heats for qualifying. They had mini sprints, big sprints (ASCS), modified and street stock. The demolition derby didn't get underway until about 11:00 P.M.

Our race fan family had a lot of fun. In looking for more race fun, our next spectacle will be drag racing!

This summer we've seen a couple of movies. Jenny and I went to see The Happening. Starring Mark Wahlberg, this movie was a real let down to me. As with many sci-fi films, the beginning and middle of the film are good but then it seems like the director loses his direction and the ending is crap.

We also saw Wanted. I absolutely loved this movie! It was full of action and had a few unexpected twists. I've heard this movie compared to something else, I don't remember what, and I haven't seen the other movie, so it was all new and fresh to me. I thought the acting was good and the stunts great and over all just well written.

We took the kids to see Space Chimps. This movie was alright, not one of the best CGI movies I've ever seen. The story was new for animation and entertaining for the kids. I don't think this is one that we'll own though.

In other news, the kids are in soccer again this fall. This is our daughter's fourth season and our son's second season. We are looking forward to more excitement on the soccer field. The kids are really good.
Well, that ends this edition of The Big Ketchup.

And That's What I Think.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home