generated by sloganizer.net

Friday, July 25, 2008

Suicide

I got a call last night. It seems that one of our families long time friends has been hit with a terrible tragedy.

The only child of a friend of mine took his own life. He had recently turned 18 and just graduated high school last month.

This is a terrible event, one that I would not wish on my worst enemy. I can't even begin to imagine the pain that his family is going through. My biggest fear in life is to outlive my children.

The things that we think are important at 18, we realize at 25 and 30 that they did not have the weight that we gave them at the time.

I wish that I had know that something this severe was bothering this young man. I would have tried to explain to him how much he still had to look forward to in life, how much he has touched the lives around him. He was a good kid, well liked, always helpful, easy to smile.

If you could, please pray for his father, Chris and his Grandmother, Beverly.

There is help.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home