generated by sloganizer.net

Tuesday, August 08, 2006

To The Moon And Beyond

As the Space Shuttle is set to retire soon, NASA has announced the next generation of spacecraft, the CEV Ares 1 and Ares 5. There are planned missions to send men "back" to the Moon and then to Mars. There is an awesome artist conception video here.

My skepticism comes from a Fox 2001 television show called: "Conspiracy Theory: Did We Land on the Moon?'' This 1 hour show brought up a lot of questions in my mind. Since I have long thought that the government misleads us and keeps information from us, I began to believe that, in fact, we never have been to the Moon. A 1978 movie, "Capricorn One" shows how a faked planetary landing is filmed on a closed set.

After hearing all of the Fox shows points on why the moon landing is obviously faked, I checked out BadAstronomy.com. On this web sight each point that the Fox show brings up is debunked, however, I still tend to lean toward the Fox show.

Here's why:
  1. After two airings in 2001 (February 15 and March 19), Fox was "told" not to ever air the show again. I found this out when I e-mailed them to ask when I could catch it again. (Luckily I have a copy of it now)
  2. Why have we not returned to the Moon since 1972, 34 years? And why the rush now?
  3. If we did go to the moon in 1969-1972, why all the new designs, etc.? We should be able to use the basic design of the Apollo rockets.

A couple of years ago, I read that Japan was planning a "fly by" rocket to see if the things we were supposed to have left on the Moon were really there. (i.e. the American flag and Lunar Rover) The best that I can determine, Japan has not yet sent this rocket but it is still planned for the very near future.

I hope that we do, some day, go to the Moon, but I'm not entirely sure that it has already happened.

And That's What I Think.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home