generated by sloganizer.net

Sunday, April 23, 2006

F-E-D-E-X-S-U-X

For almost a week we tried to get a package delivered from Fed-Ex. Doesn't sound that difficult, people get packages all the time, right? The difference is that UPS and DHL, (unless I'm mistaken), have their own drivers (employees), where as Fed-Ex Ground uses contractors to deliver their packages. I can see the benefit of contractors, (i.e. less paperwork, no employee firing red tape, don't have to take out taxes - the list can go on and on). However, they missed the part about customer service and satisfaction. Let me explain - We knew we had a package coming, but didn't know the carrier. Fed-Ex tried to deliver to us last Saturday at 6 PM, but we were out of town. They were closed on Monday and we hoped for a 6 PM delivery on Tuesday, maybe that was how their route went, our fingers were crossed. Anyway, I got in from work at 1:30 PM only to find that they had attempted delivery at 11:30 that morning. I called Fed-Ex and asked if they would deliver on Wednesday after six as they had on Saturday. This is when I found out that they used contractors and would make the request to the driver, but that it shouldn't be a problem. Great! On Wednesday I got a call at 1:30 PM from Fed-Ex saying that they had located my package and it would be delivered after 6 as I had requested. Well I didn't think the package was lost, but Fed-Ex decided they needed to find it, whatever as long as I get it. When Jenny got home she found that they had attempted delivery at 9:30 that morning! Unbelievable! Well, that was their third attempt, so Jenny was now planning to pick it up at their facility on her lunch break the next day, no problem, right? You forget who we are talking about. She calls them the next morning to insure they have the package and inform them that she will be there to get it. No, they tell her that it is on the truck scheduled for a six o'clock delivery. OK . . . . . . . I guess that will have to be fine. We wait until 6, no package . . . . At 7 PM Jenny calls to see if they are coming. She is told that the package is sitting in the warehouse and she will need to come and get it. UNBELIEVABLE! Fed-Ex doesn't know their ass from a hole in the ground! Excuse my language. But, it's not over. A little after 8 PM the delivery truck shows up with the package. This is a simple case of the left hand not knowing what the right hand is doing. Long story short . . . . Fed-Ex SUCKS and I will personally never use them and further more will not recommend them to any one else. UPS is the leader in package delivery and now we should all know why!

And That's What I Think!

6 Comments:

  • At April 27, 2006 4:45 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    On a different subject than your blog... KELLY PICKLER IS FINALLY GONE!!! THANK GOODNESS!!!!!!!!!!

     
  • At April 27, 2006 8:42 AM, Blogger KMAN said…

    Season, I knew you'd be jumping for joy when she left, you're so mean! She's just an innocent country girl that's had a hard life.

    BTW - Congrats on your promotion.

     
  • At April 27, 2006 4:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    An innocent country girl that's had a hard life doing pageants, gymnastics, etc?? Why doesn't someone take pity on me for having a father in prison whom I've never met, not living with my mom from the age of 12, and having a crazy aunt who got me in trouble with school because the drug dogs smelled HER marijuana on my gym bag??? Plus, I'm a country girl too (well, used to be). Really I don't want any pity. I'm much too strong for all that. Just wanted to vent that out. (For those of you who read that, thanks for listening) :):):):):):):):):):)

    Thanks for the congrats! I'm definitely earning my raise working in that department. No more afternoon breaks with your lovely wife :(

     
  • At April 27, 2006 4:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Someone should have pity on me for just being with Season!

    Pickler did suck though.

     
  • At April 27, 2006 4:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Thats so funny, a FED EX post turns out to be a Kellie Pickler post. LMAO Anyway sorry you had trouble with Fed Ex, I personally have always used UPS. ;) i am so happy Kellie is gone!!!! She did make good tv tho. So Stupid it was hilarious!!! She will be back in the light somewhere doing something.

     
  • At October 18, 2010 5:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Fed EX sucks, and I mean sucks. And their online system sucks too! Can somebody please help me expose FedEx and how much their service really does suck!!!???????

     

Post a Comment

<< Home