generated by sloganizer.net

Thursday, April 13, 2006

Idol and Horse Racin'

So the past four weeks I have picked the person getting kicked off of American Idol correctly and usually have 2 of the 3 people in the bottom three. This week I have the 2 of the 3 in the bottom three, but that third person was the one they voted off (Bucky). It's no surprise that he left, it was well over due. What surprised me was that the Idol voters usually have a short memory and vote based on the most recent performance. That's why Mandisa left during country week. It was not her genre and she is a good singer, but based on her country performance she got the boot. This week was Queen. Bucky did better than Ace and Elliott, but I guess America decided it was Bucky's time. (No complaint here other than it broke my picking streak . . .)

This evening we took the kids to the local horse track. It was opening day and this year is the 10th anniversary of our track. The kids enjoyed seeing the horses and I had fun betting, and winning (mostly). We only stayed for the first five races out of ten. Jenny has to work tomorrow or we could have stayed longer. Out of the five races, I lost on the first and won on the last four! All in all I almost broke even, I was just short by 60 cents. If we could have stayed longer I know I would have come out ahead! Lacye was upset that we didn't stay longer, but I assured her that we'd go back.

Well, that's all for now . . .

2 Comments:

  • At April 13, 2006 10:50 PM, Blogger 4angels said…

    I had a feeling it was going to be Bucky, or Ace. But then again I guess I judge by what they do at the time. Oh, well, next week should be interesting.

    Glad you all had fun at the horse races, the kids are really getting a varity of outings. Cool!!!!!!!!!!!!!

     
  • At April 14, 2006 9:47 AM, Blogger Jenny said…

    I agree on the variety. It's been a long time since I have heard that many God Bless America's

     

Post a Comment

<< Home