generated by sloganizer.net

Monday, August 31, 2009

MLB Realignment Neeed


I've been meaning to post this since I watched it on Sportscenter. The MLB is in major need of a realignment. It's time for a change. Over the past 10 years, ballpark attendance has remained stagnant. We need to stimulate growth for America's favorite pastime.

Buck Showalter has a good idea, although, maybe not perfect.

His idea is to do away with the American League and National League. Choose either DH or no DH, either way. Get rid of two teams.

The next part is what sold me on his idea. Every team plays every other team in the MLB. Three home games, three away games at every ball park. I would love to see every ball club come to our park. Interleague play is alright, but it's mostly always the same team. I realize the need for division rivalries, but playing the same teams 14 and 18 times a season? I would love to see the Phillies and the Cardinals, the Mets and the Dodgers.

What a treat it would be to have ALL of the clubs come through each and every stadium? I know it would raise attendance. I think it would also raise awareness of the other ball clubs. I know that I only care to see the AL box scores and then mostly my division.

There are other realignment ideas out there, but I like Showalter's plan the best.

Either way, MLB needs to make some changes.

And That's What I Think.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home