generated by sloganizer.net

Sunday, August 13, 2006

Happy (early) Birthday, Paul!

For years it was a tradition among my friends to eat at Houston's Restaurant for our friend, Paul's, birthday. We looked forward to this evening enriched by great food and good times. Houston's has long been a favorite restaurant of mine because they have the best ribs in the country. Being a Texas resident for a long time and eating BBQ all over the country, I am confident that Houston's definitely has THE BEST RIBS PERIOD!

Sometime back, I told my dad the next time they come to town I would take them to Houston's. Well they came in on Saturday and I warned them that it was over an hour ride to the restaurant, but that the food was WELL worth the drive. So off we went, after some crazy traffic near downtown Dallas and an hour and a half later, Houston's was in our view. They informed me that they had recently eaten some very good ribs and thought that it would be hard to top.

We started with their legendary spinach dip (the best). They also have a very large wine list, from which we sampled a few vinos. The waiter told us about the daily specials. They sounded good, but I asked everyone to be strong and try the ribs. Well, to my delight, they enjoyed the ribs as much as I always do and gave me props for the dinner suggestion. And also let me know that, they too, thought that these ribs were THE BEST. (You get a full rack of baby back ribs, seasoned and sauced to perfection, a large helping of tasty coleslaw and a heap of shoestring french fries.) If you are like me and eat it all, there's no room for desert. Actually, I've never tried anything else except the ribs at Houston's, but from the reviews I've found surfing the internet, their other food is just as good.

We went to the location at Beltline and the tollway. They have another location in Preston Center. Houston's is owned by the Hillstone Restaurant Group. Navigate through their sight to find other Houston's locations throughout the country. You have my personal guarantee that you will not be disappointed in the food.

And That's What I Think.

2 Comments:

  • At August 20, 2006 3:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Geez- you should run their advertising campaign! Are you hoping that they might, on the off chance of like a gazillion to one, that they'll run across your blog and give you lifetime gift certificates to the place? LOL! Just like you, Johnny boy, just like you!

     
  • At August 22, 2006 1:03 PM, Blogger KMAN said…

    That's right, the place is that good! Lifetime gift certificates . . .I'd think I hit the lottery!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home