generated by sloganizer.net

Monday, April 16, 2007

The Penguin Has Landed !


This past weekend I had a friend over and we switched my computer operating system from Windows to Linux.

What does this mean, you ask?
No more system errors, no more computer crashes. No more forced, automatic, useless updates. No more authentication, no more making Bill Gates rich. Best of all - no more viruses, adware or spyware!

Linux is the widest used OS in the world. It's an open source operating system based on Unix.

I'll admit that I was hesitant to switch and continually found reason to postpone the switch, but when Windows forced me to update and then started crashing (this computer is only 4 months old), I was sold!

All the software is free. You are welcome to make changes to most of it if you have the know how. Everything is shared to help others. They have just about everything you'll need that you are used to with windows. I haven't found anything that I could do before that I can't do now.

I honestly think my headaches regarding computers is gone.

I want to give a special shout out to my friend, Lena, who opened my eyes to the evil empire of Microsoft and to my friend, James (a.k.a. Linux guy), for helping me switch over.

I encourage you to tell your friends and make the switch. Windows is a security blanket that everyone thinks they need. The truth is that you can do everything on your computer without doling out the big bucks for upgrades and letting Microsoft collect your personal data. (Bet you didn't know about that!)

Windows ~ Just Say NO!

And That's What I Think.

1 Comments:

  • At April 17, 2007 10:32 AM, Blogger Jenny said…

    James had been talking to you about it for a while as well. I'll admit. I was apprehensive too. But it seems to be just fine.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home