generated by sloganizer.net

Monday, April 02, 2007

Musical Overload


We started out the weekend by watching Happy Feet on Friday night. It won the Oscar for "Best Animated Feature Film" along with 8 other awards. I have to tell you, ten minutes into this film, I almost bailed. The singing was a bit much for me. I stuck it out and when Mumble left his colony and ventured out, he found a different species of penguin. This is where the show became humorous. Over all, I guess it was an OK movie.

Saturday we took the kids to Disney On Ice. Jenny has been wanting to do this for a couple of years and we finally made it happen. I didn't realize it until the night before that it was Princess Wishes. I was concerned that my son wouldn't like it. However, they both had a good time. Mickey, Minnie, Goofy and Tinker Bell all helped introduce the seven princess stories that unfolded before us. The ice skating was very good and the costumes were nicely done. This was a much better show than I had anticipated.

Due to all the bad weather we had last week, the soccer game was canceled because of field conditions.

Saturday night Jenny and I finally got to see Peter Jackson's King Kong (2005)! This was a long movie that could have easily cut out the first 30 minutes. They went in depth why and how they were going to Skull Island. Neither of the previous two films with the same title and story line dragged out the whys and hows. Once they reached the island, the action picked up and the rest of the movie flew by. The CGI and special effects were fantastic. Peter Jackson really told the story good. My son came into the room and watch the final 30 minutes of it. When King Kong was brought to New York, I asked Jenny if she had seen either of the two previous versions, to which she said she hadn't. As King Kong was being pelted by the airplanes and was dying, my son just started bawling. How sweet! Both of our kids are animal lovers and just can't understand why people hurt animals.

I really enjoyed this movie but won't watch it again any time soon as we have lots of other movies we've bought but haven't watched.

And That's What I Think.

2 Comments:

  • At April 02, 2007 10:13 PM, Blogger Jenny said…

    Disney was great! I want to go next year just FYI. Happy Feet was a little tough in the beginning. But it was okay. I cried during King Kong, and then tonight during Walk The Line. Another singing movie. What's up with that? At least we are catching up on all the movies we've been wanting to see.

     
  • At April 03, 2007 11:56 AM, Blogger 4angels said…

    I'm another one he cries thru movies, but that just gets my eyes washed out.LOL
    I want to see Happy Feet, too, it looks kinda cute. Like you we have so many movies we need to watch. I don't know when we will get caught up.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home