generated by sloganizer.net

Thursday, November 23, 2006

2 For The Price Of 1

Alternate Title: 3 Hours East, 10 Hours West (This might become a habit)

So last weekend was our annual family reunion / Thanksgiving. It was a good time and we enjoyed seeing family that we only get to see once a year. We even had family from Arizona and California come in for the festive event.

My only complaint was that there were no deviled eggs. I felt shorted! What if we didn't bring pumpkin pie? Deviled eggs are a holiday staple (in my opinion).

We didn't have the turn out that we were looking for, but maybe next year. Don't get me wrong, all the "regulars" were there. However, we were trying to entice the younger crowd to start visiting and meeting others in the family.

So then after a busy week, (I feel like I worked five days in the three that we had to), it was time to head West.

After driving all night, we arrived at the in-laws for more turkey, dressing and deviled (wait for it) . . . . . . . . eggs. That's right, I put in a special request to make sure I wasn't shorted twice in one week. Of course, after the big meal of turkey, dressing, mashed potatoes, and all the fixings; once we were full and all resting, it was brought to my attention that the deviled eggs were left in the refrigerator. DOH! So after some pumpkin pie I HAD to have a couple of deviled eggs. FINALLY!!

So this Thanksgiving was a special one in that we got to enjoy visiting with lots of family from both sides.

I hope your Thanksgiving was as enjoyable as mine.

And That's What I Think.

2 Comments:

  • At November 24, 2006 8:35 PM, Blogger The Townleys said…

    okay. HUGE fan of the deviled eggs. You don't even know. And now that you mention it... we got shorted, too. I need to learn how to make those.

     
  • At November 25, 2006 9:16 AM, Blogger Jenny said…

    You say younger crowd. I'm not old. You might be, but I'm not.
    I've done so much laundry lately. It's insane. 2 more holidays to go. Then we can rest. It is all worth it to me. Good times. And yummy food. Fried Turkey. It's the way to go. Seriously.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home