generated by sloganizer.net

Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Here & Now


This past weekend we played a long 5 hour game of Monopoly: Here & Now.

Monopoly is the best selling commercial board game in the world, which naturally makes it the most played game in the world. They recently came out with, yet another, new edition. However, this is what the game would be like if it were invented today as opposed to 1935.

The railroads are replaced by airports, the utilities are replaced by service providers, and the Atlantic City streets are replaced by popular U.S. travel destinations. Also the tokens are updated, like a cup of Starbucks coffee, a hybrid car, etc. Also, the prices and money have been inflated to more closely resemble today's economy.

I really enjoyed this updated version. Although by hour 3 I was ready to give in, I learned a valuable lesson in Monopoly. The way to win is to not be the nice guy and make deals. Usually, if you owe me rent and can't afford it, I'd make you a deal and take some property instead. When it went the other way and I was forced to pay up with no deal being offered, I realized I needed to play more ruthlessly. In the end I wiped up the table with my opponents!

And That's What I Think.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home