generated by sloganizer.net

Friday, September 29, 2006

Cross One Off The List!


Well, I finally got a project finished that I started about nine months ago.

About a year ago we put up a flag pole in our front yard. I had the idea to cement the shape of Texas around the base. Pretty original.

After talking to Home Depot, Lowes and a concrete place, they all assured me that what I had in mind could not be done. When I'm told I can't do something, that makes me try twice as hard to do it!

I got the outline done during the winter and tried to figure out how to form it to concrete. Thank you 84 Lumber. They had a pliable board that worked perfectly for my form. That done, it was time to dig. I'm talking huge blisters!

After it was dug out and formed, we concreted it. Hey, we have Texas in our front yard. It looked cool. This was completed in June.

This summer was sooo hot and dry, it was a chore to even go outside. Now that it's September and finally cooling down, I got it painted! Now it looks AWESOME! (If I do say so myself)








And That's What I Think.

5 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home